Date of Establishment: 2004
Introduction of the department:
Knowledge and creativity are those aspects which can not be delimited in the boundries of individual’s physical deficiencies. To overcome the complexties among disabled persons due to disability making them differently abled personality by providing quality education and develop as competent teacher so that they can be serve the world’s people by the best wisdom and competencies, Department of Education came into existence in the year 2004 with Bachelor of Education(B.Ed.) programme. After successfully running this programme,Master of Education(M.Ed.) programme started in the year 2006 .Both the courses duly recognized by National Council for Teacher Education and are running with sufficient infrastrucure and instructional facilities as per norms and quality standard of NCTE and UGC.Presently Both the programmes are modified according 02 years duration norms initiated by NCTE regulation 2014.The Course curriculum is enriched with modern research based and innovative contents with major engagement in field based experiences. The faculty members are well qualified and expertised in modern teaching approaches with disabled supportive teaching competencies.With all essential theoretical papers,for practical experiences various resourse centres as ICT,Art and Craft,Curriculum,Maths and Science,Physical education and Yoga,Music,Women’s Centre,Smart Class rooms with wi-fi facilities are established for quality teacher’s education .Almost every student in each year after succesfully completion of the course get the job opportunities in reputed govt and private sectors.
- Ph.D. programme especially focussing on the emerging challenges of disability and innovative research areas are also on going under the faculty members of the department.
Major Objectives of the Department/Faculty/Centre:
- To provide specialized training to the undergraduate disabled students to empower themselves Special education in reference to the hearing impaired students to be one of the best teacher-educator in the field of education and overall strengthen the disabled students to become Nation builder of the country.
- To provide specialized knowledge to the postgraduate students and researchers in the different area of education including special education.
- To conduct research in special education, educational technology, curriculum development, school education, elementary education and all the priority areas of education.
- To create professionally sound human resource according to the need of the present educational society, government, institutions, etc
The thrust areas of the ongoing research projects of the Faculty are:
- Curriculum development in special reference to disabled students
- Micro teaching
- Educational Technology
- Computer Assisted Instruction
- Value-oriented Education,
- Educational Guidance
- Science Education
- Inclusive Education
Courses Running by the department:
|S.No.||Course Name||Duration||No. of Seats|
|1.||Bachelor of Education(B.Ed.)||04 Semesters(02 Years)||02 Units(50+50)|
|2.||Master of Education(M.Ed.)||04 Semesters(02 Years)||50|
|3.||Doctor of Philosophy(Ph.D.)||As per UGC and University norms.||As per UGC and University norms.|
Name of the Faculty Members:
|1.|| Prof. S.R.Singh Sengar |
(M.Sc.,M.Ed., M.Phil.,Ph.D. )
Designation: Visiting Professor
|1.|| Dr.Rajnish Kumar Singh |
( M.Sc.,M.A.,M.Ed, NET,Ph.D.)
Designation: Asst.Professor (Selection grade)
|9045751531,9456818622 firstname.lastname@example.org|| |
|2.|| Dr.Murlidhar Singh |
Designation: Asst.Professor& Incharge
|8726632156,8127797510, email@example.com|| |
|3.|| Dr.Neetu Tiwari |
( M.A.,M.Ed,NET,B.Lib.,M.Lib., Ph.D. )
Designation: Asst.Professor (senior scale)
|4.|| Km.Rama Soni |
|8577832451 firstname.lastname@example.org|| |
|5.|| Dr.Reena Pandey |
|6.|| Mr. Durgesh Kumar Mishra |