DATE OF ESTABLISHMENT : 2007-08
INTRODUCTION OF THE DEPARTMENT : The Department of Psychology had a humble beginning in 2007-08, as an Undergraduate Department of Jagadguru Rambhadracharya Handicapped University, Chitrakoot (UP). The Department focuses on building a sound foundation for understanding the human behaviour in developmental perspective of different walks of life. The thrust areas of teaching and research are Guidance and Counselling, Clinical Psychology, Disability and Rehabilitation, Cognitive Psychology and Health Psychology. Major objectives of the Department are:
- Providing the Students with Disabilities higher education and building up their personality by means of value based quality education.
- Providing educational guidance
- To develop their confidence and self-esteem.
- To make them self dependent.
- Promoting Research work in Applied Areas.
Courses Running by the Department:
|S.N.||COURSE NAME||DURATION||NO. OF SEATS|
|01||B.A.(Bachelor of Arts)||06 semesters||40|
|02||M.A.(Master of Arts)||04 semesters||30|
|03||Ph.D. (Doctor of Philosophy)||Min. 06 semesters||10|
NAME OF THE FACULTY MEMBERS:
|01|| DR.AMITA TRIPATHI (MA.,Ph.D.)|
Designation: HoD/In-charge & Asstt. Prof.
|02|| DR.SANJAY KUMAR NAYAK (MA.,Ph.D.)|
Designation: Senior Asstt. Professor